Raw Goat Milk
The Wonders of Raw Goat’s Milk
Goat’s Milk is derived from free range goats and contains no antibiotics or hormones and it is also gluten free. Goat’s milk is one of the most complete foods available. It contains vitamins, minerals, electrolytes, enzymes, cancerfighting antioxidants, protein and fatty acids. Because it is highly digestible, these nutrients are absorbed and assimilated quickly.
Additionally there are a number of notable and beneficial ingredients in our goat’s milk:
- Organic Cinnamon: has antibacterial and antifungal properties and it can aid dogs with arthritis and muscular inflammation.
- Organic Ginger: a well-known digestive aid and natural antioxidant.
- Organic Turmeric: a natural anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, detoxifier and anti-cancer herb
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus: a probiotic that helps synthesize two key B vitamins (folate and riboflavin). May aid in treatment of irritable bowel disease
- Enterococcus Facium: provides important nutritional support in the event of diarrheal diseases.
Goat’s Milk not only helps with digestion it also helps pets obtain their daily need for moisture. Dogs’ (and cats’) bodies are about 65% moisture and unlike humans, they are designed to obtain the majority of their water from the foods they eat. By adding raw goat’s milk (which is 88% moisture) to their diet they will be gaining needed moisture as well as the benefits from raw nutrients
For dogs that are just being introduced to goat’s milk we suggest beginning with 1/4 of the suggested serving sizes: •
- Less than 20 pounds = 2 ounces • 20 – 40 ponds = 4 ounces •
- 40 – 60 pounds = 6 ounces • 60-80 pounds = 8 ounces •
- 80 pounds + = 10 ounces
The milk will need to defrost in the refrigerator before using. This usually takes around 24 hours. It will stay fresh in the fridge for 10 days (it will last frozen for 1 year). It can settle between servings, so always shake before pouring. The sediment at the bottom of the bottle is normal and produced from the addition of the ginger, turmeric and cinnamon.
Goat’s milk is great for both dogs and cats.
The bottles used are made of a high-density polyethylene (HDPE) which contains no PETE or BPA’s. These bottles are recyclable.